Heritage Certificate Presentations
During half time at the Sheffield Eagles v Batley Bulldogs game on Friday 17th February a number of past players were presented with their heritage number certificates.
Heritage Certificate Presentation
Every player who has ever played for the Sheffield Eagles is given a heritage number to mark the point they played for the Club. The Sheffield Eagles Heritage Project, is going to produce certificates for all players and present them over the next year.
On the evening of 17th February 2023 we were delighted to be able to welcome the player with heritage number one to the field to receive his certificate. Not only is Andy Tyers player number one but he is also Sheffield Eagles Chief Executive. Andy was presented with his certificate by Club President Chris Noble.
Andy then went on to present certificates to a number of players who played for the Eagles in the early 2000s or had connections with Jon Bruce who also received his certificate that night.
- Andy Young, heritage number 95, made his debut on 15th November 1987 against Wigan
- Gavin Brown, heritage number 230, made his debut against Lancashire Lynx on 28th December 2000
- Glen Freeman, heritage number 233, made his debut against Lancashire Lynx on 28th December 2000
- Wayne Freeman, heritage number 234, made his debut against Lancashire Lynx on 28th December 2000
- Andy Brent, heritage number 239, made his debut against Batley on 16th January 2000
- Lee Bettinson, heritage number 240, made his debut against Hull KR on 23rd January 2000
- Richard Goddard, heritage number 242, made is debut against Hunslet 25th January 2000
- Jack Howieson, heritage number 260, made his debut against Doncaster on 13th April 2001
- Greg Hurst, heritage number 276, made his debut against Huddersfield on 11th August 2002
RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFCATE
If you're a former Sheffield Eagles player or a member of their family and would like to receive your heritage certificate then please get in touch HERE.
Share Your Memories
Do you have any memories of the players who received their certificates? Share your memories here.